Highlights of CCNMA-NAHJ Partnership
- CCNMA becomes a chapter and West Coast office of NAHJ, and CCNMA retains its board of directors, non-profit status and independence.
- The groups will continue to work toward the same overarching goals of diversifying and helping Latino students and professionals succeed in journalism.
- NAHJ chapters in San Diego and the San Francisco Bay Area will retain their independence as they also partner with CCNMA to expand our reach in California and throughout the nation.
- The organizations will share an office and staff in Santa Monica at the Arizona State University California Center, a few blocks from one of the world’s most famous beaches.
- Most members will be automatically enrolled in both associations.
- NAHJ pays for the CCNMA administrator for one year and then half of the salary