April 2, 2018
Do you want to serve on the National Association of Hispanic Journalists board of directors? The nomination process is now open!
The Elections committee will begin accepting nominations now through midnight Eastern Time June 1 for candidates to serve in the following positions:
Vice President of Print
Vice President of Broadcast
Vice President of Online
Spanish Language At-Large Officer
Academic At-Large Officer
General At-Large Officer
Region 5 Director: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas (One-year term)
Student Representative (One-year term)
For a description of each position, click here.
Interested? Here’s how you can qualify to appear on the ballot.
- Make sure you’re a member in good standing, which means your dues must be up-to-date. Need to renew? Visit NAHJ.org.
- All the officer candidates must collect 25 nominations from NAHJ members in good standing.
- Candidates for Region 5 Director must collect 10 nominations from members in that region.
- Student members can only sign and vote for a student representative.
- Regular, Academic, Lifetime, and Founding members are eligible to sign and vote for all positions except for Student Representatives.
Please note the 2018 election timeline for national board elections:
April 2: Call for nominations
May 18: Deadline to become a voting member. Members whose dues are not paid by this date will not be eligible to vote.
June 1: Deadline to submit signatures
June 8: Deadline for candidates to send additional vetting materials
June 22: Deadline to confirm and vet candidates
July 6: Polls open for online voting
July 21: Polls close and results announced at NAHJ Gala
Nominations can be made by filling out the template below and e-mailing it to email@example.com. No campaigning is allowed during the nomination process. All violators are subject to disciplinary action as stated in the campaign guidelines policy. After May 18, candidates can request a membership list for campaigning purposes.
I [Nominating Member Name], an employee of [The Company the Nominating Member Works for and Their Position] support the candidacy of [Candidate’s Name] for [Board Position] in the election of the NAHJ Board of Directors.
This statement counts as my virtual signature and I have included my full contact information below.
Please have members include YOUR NAME and THE BOARD POSITION you are seeking in the subject line and CC you on the email.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAHJ Board Secretary